Thursday, October 7, 2010

Drive from Boston to San Diego: CHECK!

Hi everyone, it's D!  And you realize that when I say "everyone" I mean the THREE people who are reading our blog.  We know who you are and we appreciate you taking the time to read this because no one else did.  Yup, I said it :)

Although the drive was long and we often felt as though we were being tortured by the boredom gods --- it was SOOO much fun and SO worth it.  I've seen and experienced more in the past 12 days than I thought was possible to do in such a short amount of time!  And since I know that you're all DYING to know where my favorite stop was (me, the girl from Boston who listens to country music and goes to country concerts in a cowboy hat and cowboy boots).....it was NOT Little Rock, Arkansas.  I LOVED NASHVILLE!!  For all the reasons that Kimmel listed, EXCEPT for the tall boys because everyone looks tall to me.  So if our pictures haven't sold you on it yet -- you should all (all three of you that is) make it a point to see some - or all - of these places in your lifetime.  You will NOT regret it.  Promise.

I have one last thing to say.  After hearing this statement, oh, only what seems like 50 times since announcing that I was joining Kimmel on her cross-country adventure --- I STILL cannot understand why it's such a shocker.  "You're driving cross country with Kimmel?!  OMG, I can't believe that!"  Look people, I didn't do it to take a two week vacation (although it was nice to be away), and I didn't do it just to be able to see places I've never visited (although that was a big attraction), I didn't do it as a favor, and no - she did NOT pay me to go with her (one out of the 3 of you might have thought that. don't lie).  This was an opportunity of a lifetime that I got to experience with my friend who I love and will miss dearly every time I realize that I can't go pick her up and go get something to eat (because we are SOOO good at doing that together!) .  I will miss her face and her voice in the gym and my workouts will be forever changed.  I feel NOTHING but lucky to have been able to go on this journey with my friend.

Thanks for reading this and for going on the journey with us :)

See you guys back home!

~D

1 comment: