Saturday, October 2, 2010

The South is EVERYTHING I hoped it would be!

K:

Our morning started here.....

Elvis's gold piano...yea sure whyyyyy not!

Elvis's gold car, who doesn't need a gold piano and car?

Minnie Pearl, one of the queen's of funny!

I want a love like Johnny and June! :)

Dolly is one of my all time fav's. I know I am a nerd, ASK ME IF I CARE! :)

This is Graceland....kind of ho-hum.


We THINK that in the background there you can see a granite cross, which we think is Elvis's grave site. Why do you think we think this.....we don't know, just have a hunch.

BBQ in Memphis at the Rendezvous....

SOOOOO much to look at....

We ordered BBQ nacho's and then a pork and brisket combo meal. We are eating super duper healthy on this trip. We are fitness professionals don't cha know. PS we did work out yesterday for the first time on this trip. As a result both D and I walked around all day grabbing our very sore behinds, moaning every time we had to walk up or down stairs. FUN! :)

This was the crowd/party/waiting line to get into Rendezvous! I guess drinking in the streets is legal in Memphis cause people had booze everywhere.

GO HERE!

Downtown Memphis is kinda pretty...the rest of Memphis,not so much!

Ok, so this is blurry so I have to explain. We saw this truck about 45 minutes into Arkansas. The back of this truck read "Cummins Prison Band."I nearly drove off the road trying to get a picture. We immediately googled it and found out that the Cummins Prison Band is composed of four inmates from the Cummins Correctional Unit, located near Grady, Arkansas. The band has been in existence in one form or another for over 25 years. They play approximately 50 events a year, and are allowed to perform only within the state of Arkansas. This for some reason intrigues me beyond belief. But as you saw above Johnny Cash is one of my favorite singers so I guess things all make sense!

 
Bailey has been doing really well in the back seat, sleeping the days away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment