Monday, October 4, 2010

Is that your dog?

K:
So about 11 hours after we left Dallas we have arrived in Albuquerque. First thing I have already accomplished is learning how to properly spell Albuquerque. Think its easy, try it now without looking back at what I wrote...yea that's what I thought. Anyway, we will try and update more later but for now we will tell you one quick story and upload some pics.

So our "routine" for checking into hotels is that I go in and checkin and come back out and get D and Bailey. This is mainly because there is usually paperwork for me to deal with because of Bailey. So tonight I am checking us in at the Sheraton and because I was so tired it wasn't till the very end of the process that I remember to tell them about Bailey. Having already stayed at a Sheraton I know that there is no fee (YEA SHERATONS) but there is some paperwork.  So I am filling out the paperwork when the front desk guy says...um, is THAT your dog? I turn around and Bailey is cozied up next to the bar across the lobby sniffing a bar stool. "Yep I say..she is a bit of a drunk...always heading straight to the bar." LOL. Anyhoo I guess when D was unloading the car Bailey had walked away from her, into the hotel, across the lobby and hit the bar. TOO FUNNY!!

Ok, so besides that blah blah blah Texas, blah blah blah...flat, blah blah blah cows, Oklahoma more flat, more cows, more Texas more flat, more cows a speeding ticket and now we are here. That's the synopsis. Oh and for those of you that aren't reading facebook as well....here is an update for you regarding Oklahoma and Texas, they like to tell you stuff, on their water towers. "Home of Garth Brooks, Home of Toby Keith, Home of Carrie Underwood, Home of the Grocery Cart etc etc." I will forever read every water tower I see...who knows what trivia I might learn! :)


Jenny, Me, D
Jenny and D

Seriously???? How cute?
So as we left Texas, there were tons of OU and Texas fans everywhere including this highway side fanstand, that caused a pretty big back up.

Oklahoma City

Oklahoma, look how flat.....


About 45 minutes or so later...still flat

Back into Texas, and SHOCKER still flat!

This one is for you Leslie and Mrs.K. We drove to fast to see what it was exactly, but it definately was approx. the size of an  downtown Boston office building and we think the sign read biggest cross in the state.

Oh yes that is where we had dinner at in Amarillo, TX

Not sure why we didn't get a room here instead of pushing through to Albuquerque....

So when its dark, and you're in the middle of nowhere New Mexico its eery when all you see are two little red tails lights seemingly hanging in the air behind you.








No comments:

Post a Comment